RITUNERZ.COM | Car enthusiast club.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overheating

3 posters

Go down

overheating Empty overheating

Post by dice711 Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm

ok i heve a 91 talon tsi and i am haveing a overheating problem i can have my car running for like 1h then it overheats i have done the thermostat i dont no what it could be???? if anyone can tell me just hit me up on here or give me a call 401 649 7269

thanks Adam

dice711
New Blood

Back to top Go down

overheating Empty Re: overheating

Post by Lil_Shank Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:13 pm

check your water pipe, coolant level, and radiator.

Lil_Shank
Gear Head

Back to top Go down

Post by MARTINI Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

So here's my question... did you change the thermostat because you didn't have heat or because it was over heating in the 1st place? because I've seen people put them in backwards too manytimes... other than that I would make sure the belt to the water pump is still on the car...
MARTINI
MARTINI
President

What I drive: : 2015 Audi S4 / 2013 Jeep Wrangler

https://www.facebook.com/djmikemartini

Back to top Go down

overheating Empty over heating

Post by dice711 Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:10 pm

well i change the thermostat because it was over heating and it is on right as far as the water pump belt i dont no about that i was thinking about just putting a new water pump on.... i would like to get this done so i can move on wit the big 16g and other parts put on but i dont want to do it if it is my had..... or something bad like that.

dice711
New Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by MARTINI Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:49 pm

A water pump job is not a small job at all... it requres taking off the timing belt housing and timing belt adjuster on the impossible to work on side of the engine... But the water pumps in these cars are pretty much fool proff, so unless its leaking you don't want to mess with it. Like I said, check to make sure that the belt is on it. If not, I would look into getting a coolent flush, you might have some build up in the system somewhere (doubtfull) but I wouldn't rule it out. Also, if its just over heating on the gauge, it might be a temp senosr and your engine could be operating at normal temp... but if your getting blowover and its obviously over heating then you have another issue... But in reality, there isn't much that can go wrong with the coolent system on these cars, they're pretty simple... keep poking at it and if you still can't figure it out, maybe one of us can take a look at it for you over the weekend...

Let us know..
MARTINI
MARTINI
President

What I drive: : 2015 Audi S4 / 2013 Jeep Wrangler

https://www.facebook.com/djmikemartini

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil_Shank Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:56 pm

ok its time for me to interject here first off if your car didnt have a belt on the water pump and you drove it over heating you warped your head aluminum head iron block. 2nd off the water pump could be shot and you wouldnt really know about it itll just over heat. 3rd off its fukkin expensive to have a water pump done and i dont wanna hear anybody say ohhh i can do it cuz thats a load of bs i thought the samething its impossible and if you bring it to a low rate mechanic like i did hell leave your timing a tooth off but thats ok there my .02 cents take what ya want leave the rest and if you decide you dont wanna be bothered with the car hit me up ive got a first gen in need of turbo'n affraid

oh and one other thing im not trying to be a douche bag i just went thru this luckily i just had to redo my t-belt and w-pump

Lil_Shank
Gear Head

Back to top Go down

overheating Empty had

Post by dice711 Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:07 pm

well its the had it will be getting done over the weekend by the best in dsm and i will be putting in all the goods as well big 16g 560inj and more and a BIGGGGGGGGG THANK YOU TO ABDUCTED.

dice711
New Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum