RITUNERZ.COM | Car enthusiast club.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RI DMV REGISTRATION NEW LAW ON TITLES

3 posters

Go down

RI DMV REGISTRATION NEW LAW ON TITLES Empty RI DMV REGISTRATION NEW LAW ON TITLES

Post by MARTINI Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:56 am

As of January 1, 2011 a new law went into affect concerning the need of a title in RI.

As you know the old law required a title to registar a car if the car was less than 10 years old. Now under the new law:

31-3.1-38 Effective dates – Applicability. – This chapter shall apply to all model vehicles designated as 2001 models and all subsequent model year vehicles. All vehicles designated as model years prior to 2001 shall be excluded from these provisions, provided that no title certificate shall be required once a vehicle is twenty (20) years old

In laymans terms: You need a title for any vehical 2001 or newer until the year 2021
THIS GOES FOR CARS PURCHASED @ A DEALER, Many dealers bought un-titled cars at the end of the year and sat on them waiting for 01 to hit so they can sell them, then they got mailed a letter late December about the new law going into affect 01/01/11

You've been warned...

MARTINI
MARTINI
President

What I drive: : 2015 Audi S4 / 2013 Jeep Wrangler

https://www.facebook.com/djmikemartini

Back to top Go down

RI DMV REGISTRATION NEW LAW ON TITLES Empty Re: RI DMV REGISTRATION NEW LAW ON TITLES

Post by Duct_Tape Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 am

i just registered my 95 w/o a title
Duct_Tape
Duct_Tape
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

RI DMV REGISTRATION NEW LAW ON TITLES Empty Re: RI DMV REGISTRATION NEW LAW ON TITLES

Post by cass Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:41 pm

paul read it clearly says from 2001 on duhh
cass
cass
RITUNERZ Member

What I drive: : 98 Eclipse Spyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Duct_Tape Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:14 am

ohhh...too many big words..i thought it meant before 2001 now, where it's 20 years old
Duct_Tape
Duct_Tape
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum