RITUNERZ.COM | Car enthusiast club.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just for asking a question??????? WTF

+4
Shadow
tomm401
MARTINI
redvenge99
8 posters

Go down

Just for asking a question??????? WTF Empty Just for asking a question??????? WTF

Post by redvenge99 Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:55 am

K since i cant post in my other forum im going to let off some steam here!!!!!!!

Well i was on my other forum and i asked a question in the shout box, now becaues some of the mods are engineers and super smart, they get annoyed by noob questions so i got my posting privleges revoked...

So its a car specific forum, for avenger sebrings. Now there are 2 engine types, 420a and 6g73v6. I asked if the safc install was exactly the same on both engines..seeing the different amount of o2 sensors. So instead of a quick yes or no, I get the why do you need the safc. My answer was just to learn... Why then did i get treated like a idiot that knows nothing the all priveleges revoked?

First i no the safc is hardly a tuning device, second i only want to use it TO LEARN, and third it does have the ability to tweek things a little. Plus by next summer i will be ready for a engine swap and the safc is needed to pull fuel on the low end and add some for the top end so i figured i would get a head start on LEARNING this thing...

Now granted i am not a mechanic nor am i a tuner, but i also am far from an idiot..I call myself a fixer, i can fix anything. I have and always have done any and all work on my own car my wifes car and i ocassionaly get paid to fix others cars. I learn by doing, not watching, not reading, not bieng instructed, but by doing...

It really just boggles my brain that some pple think that they are so superior to others that they cant even answer a question...

sorry for the rant but wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil or Very Mad End Rant:evil:
redvenge99
redvenge99
Gear Head

What I drive: : 06 Saturn Ion Redline

Back to top Go down

Just for asking a question??????? WTF Empty Re: Just for asking a question??????? WTF

Post by MARTINI Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:04 am

Let me educate you a bit... And don't take this as me making fun of you, I'm just point this out for you to learn...

1. The SAFC (Super Air Flow Converter) is a device that modifies the MAP sensor signal to the ECU. It basically fools the car’s ECU about how much air it is getting. Accordingly the ECU will give more or less fuel to the engine, thus helping you tune. Added use of the SAFC comes from the fact that you can play with the settings throughout the RPM range with different throttle positions.

2. They weren't designed to work with the 420a motor, but people have found a way to install them, (the 420a MAP Sensor is listed on the "compatible" list) so not all functions work especially the o2 Sensor function which all it did was display voltage so you'd need a AIF Gauge anyways.

I don't know if they work with the V6 but I do believe they use the same MAP sensor so I would assume it would work the same...

They could have just as easily explained that to you, instead of shun'n you, but that's how most people act on public forums. Next time, I would suggest you fully google search an answer to something 1st, chances are, your not the 1st person to ask it.

Google hints:

"dsmtuner.com safc"
"2gnt.com safc"
ect... it's better than trying to search their forums individually.

And remember you can always ask us here, this is a private forum so if no one likes our members asking dumb questions, well they can go fuck off...

Hope I answered some of your questions...
MARTINI
MARTINI
President

What I drive: : 2015 Audi S4 / 2013 Jeep Wrangler

https://www.facebook.com/djmikemartini

Back to top Go down

Just for asking a question??????? WTF Empty Re: Just for asking a question??????? WTF

Post by tomm401 Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:38 am

im gonna go to that other forum and jam my thumb in his ass, that sholud really piss him off!!

tomm401
Active Forum Member

What I drive: : 1990 Talon TSi AWD / your mom

Back to top Go down

Post by redvenge99 Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:58 am

@Martini,I have done my research and google is my best friend for the answer to many of my questions... I understand how the s-afc works and what it does. And i understand that i need a wideband for it to really be useable. T eh only thing i really wanted to no was would there be a difference in the install ie: The ecu pinout is the same for the i4 and the v6 except for an extra upstream o2. Basically i wanted to no does it matter which o2 I hooked it up to untill i get a wideband... Sometimes i guess my words dont come out how i want them to
redvenge99
redvenge99
Gear Head

Back to top Go down

Post by MARTINI Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:31 am

But you don't hook it up to an o2 sensor at all... It wasn't designed to monitor the o2 sensor, what people have done was take the extra blue wire that isn't use in the 420a set up and wire it to the bank 2 o2 sensor to monitor the voltage, but it can actually fuck up the system and your ecu by doing so.
MARTINI
MARTINI
President

Back to top Go down

Post by redvenge99 Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Thats the answer i was looking for, The directions i have from 2gnt says use the blu wire on pin 30 of the ecu which is the o2, except i didnt no it could f up the system...
redvenge99
redvenge99
Gear Head

Back to top Go down

Post by redvenge99 Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Well, thanks for the input, the safc has been sucessfully installed. Smile Now i can play with my new toy.

I think I can use the genesis in place of a wideband for now????scratch Dunno, I will mess with it.
redvenge99
redvenge99
Gear Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Everybody on forums think they know everything about everything. Honestly, the volkswagen forums are the toughest. Snottiest bunch of cocksuckers ive ever came in contact with.
Shadow
Shadow
Addict

What I drive: : 1997 E36 M3

Back to top Go down

Post by Jont Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:23 am

there is a regional 240sx forum, where people are really helpful. they dont give me a lot of shit and humor the repetitive questions. (like the simple questions i had with my swap was essentially the same but a little different because it was a Series 2 and the ECU pinouts vary) but the bigger national forums for 240sx's and even NICO, people just ignore the questions.... meh. damn people. . .

theres always that one time where you get what you think is an amazing idea and ask a question about it, and then realize what the hell was i thinking. and when you do that, it isnt bad to get your balls busted, but people over react like crazy.
Jont
Jont
New Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by 1stGEN Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:04 am

dont feel to bad im just learning as i go along to hence my 1g lol rip(a single tear drops )

1stGEN
New Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by tomm401 Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:10 pm

1stGEN wrote:dont feel to bad im just learning as i go along to hence my 1g lol rip(a single tear drops )

i feel you my widowed 1g brothaJust for asking a question??????? WTF 2543425817

tomm401
Active Forum Member

What I drive: : 1990 Talon TSi AWD / your mom

Back to top Go down

Post by NA_guru Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:46 pm

small input here, there are pdf's available, which were included when the SACF and SAFCII were made , that have a vast list of pinouts provided by apex'i for a SHITLOAD of both usdm and jdm ecus of jsut about every japanese car manufacturer there is. ive got them somewhere here on my hard drive if anyone would like me to email them to you, please let me know.

NA_guru
RITUNERZ Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:28 pm

good to know man. im gonna have you write a 30psi program for my bug when you get back. =]
Shadow
Shadow
Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NA_guru Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:25 am

sure just get the appropriate software and hardware. ill do all the code slinging. shits too easy.

NA_guru
RITUNERZ Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:03 pm

already ahead of you. ill give you my build list in a bit
Shadow
Shadow
Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MARTINI Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:32 pm

would that apply in "this case scenario"? we are talking about a Chrysler 420A engine & ECU
MARTINI
MARTINI
President

Back to top Go down

Post by NA_guru Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:42 pm

yeah mike the last time i read the pinout schematics included with the SAFC and SAFCII im almost positive the 420a was listed. and im pretty sure the chrysler 420a and mistu 420a share a common pinout even though the programming is different. the pinouts are what matters.

NA_guru
RITUNERZ Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cass Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Sorry guys it is a v6 not a 420a
cass
cass
RITUNERZ Member

What I drive: : 98 Eclipse Spyder

Back to top Go down

Post by redvenge99 Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:57 pm

yes, it is the v6 6g73 but the pinout is the same as the 420a... thanks for the input, but i was only confused by the blue wire(not needed) The directions i pulled off dsm tuners had the blue wire mod on them, and left me wondering wich o2 to use. But thanks to martini pointing out (the obvious, im so dense sometimes) that it is not needed, the safc has been successfully installed.
redvenge99
redvenge99
Gear Head

Back to top Go down

Post by redvenge99 Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:58 pm

NA_guru wrote:sure just get the appropriate software and hardware. ill do all the code slinging. shits too easy.
... What kind of software and hardware we talking bout? Could you reprogram a tcm????
redvenge99
redvenge99
Gear Head

Back to top Go down

Post by cass Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:51 pm

wanna sell it i have a whole pile of hill billy shit in the truck lmfao
cass
cass
RITUNERZ Member

What I drive: : 98 Eclipse Spyder

Back to top Go down

Post by redvenge99 Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:29 pm

lmfao
redvenge99
redvenge99
Gear Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down