RITUNERZ.COM | Car enthusiast club.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controlling my bass through a dial?

+2
MARTINI
NateTSi
6 posters

Go down

Controlling my bass through a dial? Empty Controlling my bass through a dial?

Post by NateTSi Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:14 am

Hello RItunerz,
I have finally decided I want to install my sub, it is a 12" Zues Hifonics sub in a carpeted box with its max at 800wt. I am wondering if I can get any sub and put on it a control dial so it isn't controlled through the radio. Is there outlets on amps to allow it to be done?
Thanks for your help
Nate

NateTSi

Back to top Go down

Controlling my bass through a dial? Empty Re: Controlling my bass through a dial?

Post by MARTINI Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Depends on the amp... why do you want to control the sub outside of the radio?
MARTINI
MARTINI
President

What I drive: : 2015 Audi S4 / 2013 Jeep Wrangler

https://www.facebook.com/djmikemartini

Back to top Go down

Controlling my bass through a dial? Empty Re: Controlling my bass through a dial?

Post by NateTSi Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:27 pm

MARTINI wrote:Depends on the amp... why do you want to control the sub outside of the radio?

I want to because when I turn my music up, I don't always want the bass to go up on my speakers too. Know what I mean? I dont want to blow my speakers because the bass is up. Also if this helps the rms on the sub is 450wt.
Thanks

NateTSi

Back to top Go down

Post by MARTINI Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:08 am

This use to be easier back in the day, they actually made 1/2 DIN EQ's you could install, but I haven't seen one in 10 years.

I would suggest a head unit that has a quick toggle button for it... Pioneer makes the best radio's period, I could recomend one if you have a budget for a new radio...

As for the Amp, you would have to manually adjust the bass level (usualy with a small screw driver) if you wanted to change it, I"ve never seen a remote control for an amp....
MARTINI
MARTINI
President

What I drive: : 2015 Audi S4 / 2013 Jeep Wrangler

https://www.facebook.com/djmikemartini

Back to top Go down

Post by redvenge99 Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:38 pm

a bass knob wont work how you want it to... you control the bass to your sub through your amp not your radio.. you should have the bass on your radio eq in the negative, because you dont need your speakers for bass thats why you have a sub... A bass knob only turns the volume for your sub up and down or it controls the bass eq on your amp... What kind of amp are you running????
redvenge99
redvenge99
Gear Head

What I drive: : 06 Saturn Ion Redline

Back to top Go down

Post by PureAdrenaline Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:28 pm

They also sell amps with a remote knob which does the same basic thing as a screwdriver from the front seat. Just plugs into the amp and runs to where ever you want to mount it around you.

PureAdrenaline
Verified Member

What I drive: : A car

Back to top Go down

Post by NateTSi Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:38 pm

redvenge99 wrote:a bass knob wont work how you want it to... you control the bass to your sub through your amp not your radio.. you should have the bass on your radio eq in the negative, because you dont need your speakers for bass thats why you have a sub... A bass knob only turns the volume for your sub up and down or it controls the bass eq on your amp... What kind of amp are you running????
Thats what im talking about ahaha. I dont want bass through the speakers, just the sub. Im not running my sub yet because im trying to find a good amp.

NateTSi

Back to top Go down

Post by redvenge99 Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:56 am

I have my beat for sale 2 ten alpine type e in a vented box with a 500watt rms alpine mono amp all the wires and a 1400 watt 4 channel infinity kappa full range amp for $400 its all like new mtter fact the infinity amp has only like 2 hours of use...
redvenge99
redvenge99
Gear Head

Back to top Go down

Post by NateTSi Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 am

redvenge99 wrote:I have my beat for sale 2 ten alpine type e in a vented box with a 500watt rms alpine mono amp all the wires and a 1400 watt 4 channel infinity kappa full range amp for $400 its all like new mtter fact the infinity amp has only like 2 hours of use...
Thanks man, but I already have to 10"s and a 12". How is that 500wt rms alpine mono amp?

NateTSi

Back to top Go down

Post by redvenge99 Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:26 am

I love it powers my tens perfectly... But i wouldnt sell it seperatly i have to sell eveything together...
redvenge99
redvenge99
Gear Head

Back to top Go down

Post by cass Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:05 pm

there is a sub feature in almost every deck they make nowa days,

i personally would stay away from low grade pioneers thet suck even some of the higher grade ones the distortion factor blows do research you will be supprised pay attention to signal to noise ratio

a good amp i have a m1000 alpine ill let go for 300
cass
cass
RITUNERZ Member

What I drive: : 98 Eclipse Spyder

Back to top Go down

Post by redvenge99 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Mmm m1000 is a good amp plenty of power for most ant subs
redvenge99
redvenge99
Gear Head

Back to top Go down

Post by cass Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 pm

lol match the sub wisley or fry them lmfao
cass
cass
RITUNERZ Member

What I drive: : 98 Eclipse Spyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Duct_Tape Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Whats the family,price? Lmao
Duct_Tape
Duct_Tape
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum